Aoife’s personal experience in athletics gives her a unique understanding of athletes. She is a former 100m national senior champion, a 55m Conference title winner in the USA and was a member of the Irish international athletic squad for six years. This, along with her professional experience enables her to fully comprehend the pressures of training at a high level and the importance of an appropriate diet to aid peak performance.
Aoife completed a master’s degree at Coventry in Sports and Exercise Nutrition in 2012. She has worked with many elite athletes from a number of different sports including the Tipperary Senior Hurling panel.
Team services include:
• Group presentations and workshops
• One on one with players to achieve nutrition/physical goals i.e. fat loss, muscle gain, peak performance
• Develop team strategies in relation to performance nutrition, hydration plans
• Work with catering companies and restaurants to ensure appropriate food served before and after matches
• Work with team management including doctor and physiotherapist to ensure all nutritional needs are met for players